Sunday 19 April 2015

Wychwood Agitator Jerk 6ft 80-140g Lure rod – Long Term Review






 
The Agitator range of rods from tackle giants Wychwood have been on the market for some time now and in that time they have become known for their durability and great value for money amongst many pike anglers.

I’ve been using the jerk bait rod in the range for about six years now and in that time it has landed me hundreds of pike and a few twenty’s to 23lb and believe me when I say that it has handled every one of them perfectly!

Fish are a joy to play on thanks to the rod being built on a 6ft one piece low diameter blank that has a very fast yet powerful action. It comes fitted with ‘braid friendly’ triple leg gun metal trim rings, a full super short cork handle, a comfy trigger grip screw locked reel seat and fancy laser engraved butt cap. A hook keeper ring is fitted just above the handle which is handy for clipping the lure onto when moving swims or for when storing the rod built up ready to go like I do!

I would describe the rod as the perfect all-round jerk bait rod that is ideally suited for throwing medium to largish lures, although saying that I regularly throw lures with it that are much heavier than the rods stated maximum casting weight and it has handled them really well. I currently use an Abu Garcia 5501 multiplier reel with it and feel that this suits the rod perfectly.

As with all the Agitator range each rod comes with Wychwoods unconditional lifetime guarantee policy so in the event that an accident should happen, you will have no problem in getting a replacement.

I must say that I prefer using this rod more than some of the other more expensive lure rods that I own.

I have already put three people on to this rod too and all of them have agreed with me that it really is a great rod for the money.

If you are on the look out for a lure rod and you think that this one fits your bill then I can’t recommend it highly enough!

               

They are, I think, priced very modestly at around £40 each and are available from a wide array of tackle shops.

 
Craig Renwick

No comments:

Post a Comment